As a platform engineer you will build and scale the technical infrastructure that underpins our product. That means rearchitecting how we use Elasticsearch one day, to building queue monitoring infrastructure the next, to optimizing our system’s performance.
- Design, build and provide operational support for the technical underpinnings of our platform
- Scale our service by orders of magnitude from current usage
- Build services and tools to allow Catalytic to operate reliably with high performance
- Collaborate with the broader engineering team to define requirements of our technical platform
- Help establish and maintain technical best practices across our team
- At least two years of experience building and operating a web platform, ideally a SaaS product operating with high security/compliance/reliability
- Working knowledge of at least one IaaS platform (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Passion for building reliable, performant software
- Experience writing high quality code
Our Ideal Candidate
- Passion for engineering. You are excited about engineering software for performance and reliability
- You are comfortable moving quickly. We move fast and have a lot to accomplish - but we won’t sacrifice quality to move quickly
- Want to make a difference. You get to work on an ambitious platform designed to solve serious, long-standing business problems. We’re building something that will revolutionize how businesses organize, and it takes everyone on our team to make the product to succeed
- Leaves their ego at the door. We’re proud of fostering an environment where everyone’s ideas are heard, we see candor as constructive, we help each other whenever possible, and leave the elitism and showmanship at the door
Here at Catalytic, we’re on a mission to transform the way people work together to get things done. We are building Catalytic, a platform for business processes. We believe that the time has come to set aside misfit, clunky, and legacy solutions. It’s time to embrace the modern era of cloud computing, simple integrations, automation, AI, and beautifully-designed, user-centric interfaces.
We know that the best people in the industry have a lot of choices. Here’s our pitch to you. At Catalytic, you will be working:
- On an ambitious platform designed to solve serious, long-standing business problems. On an amazing, cutting-edge technology stack that leverages the latest platforms and decades of hard-earned experience.
- At a well-funded startup, backed by some of the best institutional venture capital firms.
- Side-by-side with some of most accomplished business professionals and technologists.
- In a casual, friendly environment that respects and encourages work-life balance with great benefits and an unlimited vacation policy.