Catalytic is an automation cloud platform that has appeal across industries, business units, and organization sizes. This product management role would lead the development, release, and continuous improvement of “packaged solutions,” sets of deliverables designed to address the specific needs of different market segments to accelerate both sales and implementation.
This role is the first of its kind within our organization, which will create both opportunities and challenges. You will collaborate directly with our CEO and other leaders in the organization and will be able to build the approach and strategy from the ground up. The path to success will not always be clear, and while you’ll have plenty of support from the organization, you’ll be expected to take the lead on ensuring that these solutions are both launched and continually improved to gain traction within their market segments.
This role will report to the VP of Product and will work out of either our Chicago or Naperville, IL office.
Each packaged solution will include the following deliverables. The product manager in this role will be accountable for the development of these deliverables, but will collaborate with other teams where noted:
- Success metrics and measurement process
- Prioritized requirements for new features (collaboration with engineering)
- Pitch deck with value proposition and differentiators (collaboration with marketing)
- 2-3 demos for live demonstration + 1 recorded demo video (collaboration with sales engineering and marketing)
- Training content (collaboration with training)
- SOW template (collaboration with sales)
- Pricing guidelines (collaboration with sales)
- Competitive analysis documents
- 5-10 automation templates
- Provide marketing with baseline material to be used in content marketing and lead generation programs including:
- 2-page solution summaries
- Web content
- Business cases
- Blog posts
- Webinars and other speaking engagements
The product manager will develop packaged solutions based on:
- Interviews with customers and others within the market segment
- Market research and analyst reports
- Input from industry experts and consultants
At each stage of the customer journey, the product manager with test the solution and continuously iterate to improve lead generation, conversion, win rate, speed to implement, and customer satisfaction.
Examples of market segments that we will target include:
- Industries (e.g. Manufacturing, Business Services, Healthcare, Media/Advertising, Associations, Staffing)
- Business Units (e.g. Procurement, Accounting/Finance, HR, Supply Chain)
- Common use case patterns (e.g. unstructured document data extraction, report distribution, master data management)
We’re looking for a candidate who meets these criteria:
- 5+ years experience in Product Management or Product Marketing, ideally within an enterprise software company
- Experience developing or collaborating in the development of many of the deliverables listed above
- Experience launching new products or launching existing products in new markets
- An agile mindset and experience with a developing MVPs, testing, and iterating
- Ability to lead new initiatives that don’t have a previously established path to success
- Grit, persistence, ability to handle organizational change, and ability to work independently
If you have any of these qualifications, we’d consider it a plus:
- Experience in one of the target industries or business units listed above
- Some technical chops (programming, databases, SQL, Excel formulas)
- Experience with growth hacking or lean product development
- Experience with automation platforms
Catalytic was founded in 2015 by successful entrepreneurs with backing from top venture capital firms. Our mission is to dramatically improve our customer’s operations by elevating people through technology, freeing them to focus on more meaningful work. Our platform transforms recurring business processes by streamlining people activities and leveraging bots and AI to automate low-value tasks.
About the Catalytic Team
We’re tackling deep-rooted and tough business problems; and we need a committed and passionate team to build the right solution. We’re looking for people who are voracious learners, courageous risk-takers, pragmatic perfectionists, and self-directed team players. If this is you, please join us and help make this happen!
We know that the best people in the industry have a lot of choices. At Catalytic, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with some of the most accomplished professionals and technologists around. We’re a team that respects each other. We embrace discussion and disagreement. We back each other - always. We wholeheartedly support a life outside of work and believe we give our best when recharged and feeling good about what we do. That’s why we have full healthcare coverage, 401k, commuter benefits, a family friendly environment and take real vacations.
At Catalytic, we are committed to our people, which incorporates diversity and equality.Apply