We are seeking a seasoned professional to join our partnerships team. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for identifying, recruiting and building relationships with Catalytic and our partner ecosystem. This role will be responsible for new partnership development and existing partner management for both Catalytic platform and services partnerships. The ideal candidate will have deep experience working with platform, Cloud and industry ISV’s, deep analytical and business strategy acumen, experience with platform businesses as well as sales enablement and incentives; and an understanding of how software ecosystems are built, where the leverage lies, and how technical integration with major players could benefit Catalytic. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, strategic, won’t-take-no-for-an-answer, and detailed-oriented individual to drive these initiatives.
- Build and lead partner strategy for Catalytic and industry partnerships
- Evangelize these partnerships - as the primary owner of the deal construct, set the strategy for execution and project manage these partner engagements, coordinating both internal and external facing teams to achieve and exceed assigned revenue targets
- Work closely with the partner’s customer base to ensure they are leveraging best practices using Catalytic
- Generate new growth opportunities and expand the reach of Catalytic through partnerships that broaden the distribution of Catalytic to drive pipeline and revenue
- Work with product, engineering, marketing, sales, finance and legal teams to evaluate, explore and execute partnership opportunities
- Be an expert on the industry follow the latest industry news, attend events regularly, network heavily, and have a systematic approach to identifying market trends
- Conduct quarterly business reviews measuring partner performance against forecasted business and revenue metrics
- Work closely with the Product organization to develop a solid understanding of product gaps and opportunities that could be filled through partnerships or acquisitions- leveraging input from the field as well as internal knowledge.
- Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management
The ideal candidate will have conceived and negotiated major strategic partnerships with much larger companies that had a demonstrable multi-million dollar positive impact on his/her company’s revenue and strategic position. These partnerships will certainly have involved an OEM or reseller distribution arrangement with substantial binding revenue guarantees, and may also have included equity investment, technology licensing, or other features. He/she will also have been involved in the development and execution of an acquisition strategy and have a track record of successful acquisitions with major positive impact, and have built a partner program in support of a successful platform play.
- 10+ years of experience in business development at a top technology or other market leading company
- Proven, tangible results recruiting and building a partner ecosystem
- Experience managing relationships with strategic partners such as MSFT, Oracle, Salesforce, SAP, Workday...
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for Catalytic with partners as well as ability to work collaboratively with Catalytic teams to build world-class features
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter. Creative and critical thinker.
Catalytic was founded in 2015 by successful entrepreneurs with backing from top venture capital firms. Our mission is to dramatically improve our customer’s operations by elevating people through technology, freeing them to focus on more meaningful work. Our platform transforms recurring business processes by streamlining people activities and leveraging bots and AI to automate low-value tasks.
About the Catalytic Team
We’re tackling deep-rooted and tough business problems; and we need a committed and passionate team to build the right solution. We’re looking for people who are voracious learners, courageous risk-takers, pragmatic perfectionists, and self-directed team players. If this is you, please join us and help make this happen!
We know that the best people in the industry have a lot of choices. At Catalytic, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with some of the most accomplished professionals and technologists around. We’re a team that respects each other. We embrace discussion and disagreement. We back each other - always. We wholeheartedly support a life outside of work and believe we give our best when recharged and feeling good about what we do. That's why we have full healthcare coverage, 401k, commuter benefits, a family friendly environment and take real vacations.
At Catalytic, we are committed to our people, which incorporates diversity and equality.Apply